The Treasurer is responsible for keeping clear and accurate financial records of club business and for ensuring that the club remains financially stable.
The Club Leadership Handbook describes Treasurer role.
- The Treasurer is charged with preparing a budget to be approved by the executive committee and membership within one month of taking office.
- The Treasurer is also responsible for ensuring the bank has the new signatories by July 1/January 1.
- Prepare and send dues statements by August 15/February 15.
- Collect and pay dues to World Headquarters by October 1 and April 1, and work with the vice president membership to contact members who have not paid dues. Please refer to information on how to renew members.
- Submit new member applications and dues to World Headquarters within 48 hours of receipt. Add new members online.
- Pay bills as due.
- Keep records of all financial transactions.
- Submit club accounts for audit.
- Attend club executive committee meetings.
- Attend district-sponsored club officer training.